Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Busier Than You Think


My idea of a stay at home mom

When I was in high school and college I thought being a stay at home mom was the cushy life.
You don't have to get out of your pajamas every day!
On shows like "Leave it to Beaver" you'd see the mom all pretty making a home cooked meal, with the floors spotless because what else do you do all day?

What it really is like

Since school has ended I've been more "stay at home." I work about 10 hours a week, which is a joke. But I've been busier than I was in school!! Or when I was working full time! Running from doctors appointments, fixing the toilet paper holder,  preping Sunday School lessons, and yes cooking, cleaning, laundry.

And it's hard to see or understand until you do it. But I literally make a to do list every day and I'm lucky if I get through half of it. There is always something to do! I don't even have a child in the house! And I know that once Baby Bouley leaves my uterus (54 days left!) I will be even more busy. But not necessarily busy with to do lists, and running errands. But more with feeding, changing, laundry, and still keeping up with those darn doctors appointments.

With my calling in life being shifted I've been able to meet and talk with more stay at home moms.  And see that it's really not as cushy as "Leave it to Beaver" makes it out to be.

**Longer and more thought out posts to come, I promise.**

No comments:

Post a Comment