Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The End of The Tunnel



A question I get asked all the time is “how is school going?” And I have the same response every time, “its going.” The purpose of this post is to answer this question. 



I’m attending Old Dominion University through distance learning. This means all my classes are done through video streaming or just online. There is a satellite campus about 45minutes away from me, I go there 1-2 a year. More if I need to pick up supplies. 
Go Monarchs!


If all goes according to plan (fingers crossed!) I’ll be graduating December 2015 with my Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis in Elementary Education. That’s a mouth full! That means I’ll be able to teach Special Education K-12 in general curriculum, and if I took a few more classes I could be certified to teach Elementary school, which I have no desire to do.

Hopefully!


Because I have a toddler running around causing havoc I only take three classes at a time. Some moms are able to go full time, those women must have special powers, because I don’t know how they do it!


The only reason I am able to even pull off three is because I have the love and support from my family. My sister has been a life saver, if it wasn’t for her I couldn’t do most of it.

She wanted Gwen's cookie


A good friend of mine is also in school, she has an almost two year old, so we swap. I’ll take her daughter while she goes to class, and she’ll take Kelli while I go to class. It’s a great set up and the girls have truly become best friends. Troy helps too. ;)

Best Friends

In August I get to start my practicums, I get to start going in the classrooms! I don’t have many classes left, and some of them I’m not thrilled about. Like intensive writing or statistics, Icky! But then I remember I have my practicums and it gives me the strength to push through writing papers longer than any paper should be. And solving math problems with letters.



The end of the tunnel is in sight and I can’t wait to be able to hang up my diploma and say “I’m done!”

1 comment: