Sunday, July 14, 2013

First Family Vacation

We did it.

Our first family vacation.  Overall it was a success with a few bumps in the road. We went to OC, Maryland for 2 days.

Day 1:

We woke up bright and early, loaded the car and drove. All in rain I might add, it's about a 3.5-4 hour drive that took us 5 hours. Which I think is pretty good with a baby. Kelli slept the first 3 hours the rest she was in the back talking. She was a great!

As I mentioned, it was raining, it rained the entire drive (made the Bay Bridge interesting). We checked in the hotel that was about 45 minutes away, and we decided to stay there till it stopped raining. When we checked in there was a problem with the reservation that resulted in the lady and the manager shouting at each other. Lovely, right? The manager refused to talk to the lady when she called back (because he hung up on her), I told the lady I would deal with. The manager was a pill, but I got the room.

Eventually it stopped raining, so we decided to go to Assatague Island. Here there are a wild Ponies. Troy was so excited to see them. To his dismay we only saw one.

The One Pony

This was Kelli's first time at the ocean. And she didn't like it.

In her defense the water and sand were cold.

No Thank you!
Next we went to Ocean City. Since the water was too cold we decided to just do the board walk.

Kelli has been sitting up well, so we decided to try the stroller. She sat up just fine, and I wished I hadn't done that because I was ready to cry in the parking lot. Time goes by so fast! 

We saw some really cool little stands set up. This one man was painting what ever was requested to music. Another man was painted gold, on a gold bike and would stand like a statue, but once he got a tip he would dance and pretend to ride his bike, and squeaked.  He didn't talk, he squeaked. Across from him was a man weaving Hawaiian palm leaves into hats or roses. I got a rose. :)

Then we were done. So we went to Olive Garden for dinner, back to the hotel room, and crashed. We all slept for 12 hours. It was heaven.

Instead of dragging a pack n play a friend let me borrow this tent!
Day 2:

We got an early start with the sun shinning. We packed up and went straight to Ocean City. We didn't do the beach long for a few reasons:

1. I hate sand.
2. We didn't want Kelli to get burnt.
Troy trying to convince Kelli the ocean is fun

So we were at the beach for 2 hours.Then we headed to Assateague Island again, this time we saw three ponies! You can't stop on the side of the road, so we just saw them as we drove by.

Troy really wanted to get Kelli in the water. So we found a water park that we went to.
Kelli was still not crazy about water. She cried in less she was held. We put her in her float, and that worked for about two minutes.

To wrap it up we did the lazy river; Kelli slept on Troy's chest. Poor thing had just been traumatized.  Then we changed in those disgusting bathrooms and started heading home.

At the pool Kelli snatched the money right out of Troy's hands. Uh oh!

We stopped at TJ's family restaurant about 45minutes from home. Here Kelli sat in a high chair for the first time, again I almost cried.

Once we got home I realized I was a lobster and Troy was not far behind me. Kelli got a little pink, despite our best efforts. 
The color of my skin


1 comment:

  1. I hate sunburns!

    Ocean City sounds like fun. My family will have to try a trip there sometime.

    I love Kelli's bib in the first few pictures about wanting chips and chocolate. :) I feel that way a lot!